Heavy burst of gunfire heard from Kenyan mall attacked by Islamists
NAIROBI (Reuters) - A heavy burst of gunfire was heard from the Kenyan shopping mall in Nairobi where at least 62 people were killed in an attack by the Somali al Shabaab group, suggesting that the complex had not yet been secured, a Reuters witness said on Tuesday.
Kenya's Interior Ministry had said early on Tuesday that its forces were "in control" of the mall and had freed all hostages.
- Gaza death toll rises; Hamas fires rockets at Tel Aviv |
- Ukraine jets pound rebels after deadly missile attack |
- Female Yahoo executive sued for sexual harassment
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Trump Plaza in Atlantic City to close, adding to city's woes: report