Heavy burst of gunfire heard from Kenyan mall attacked by Islamists
NAIROBI (Reuters) - A heavy burst of gunfire was heard from the Kenyan shopping mall in Nairobi where at least 62 people were killed in an attack by the Somali al Shabaab group, suggesting that the complex had not yet been secured, a Reuters witness said on Tuesday.
Kenya's Interior Ministry had said early on Tuesday that its forces were "in control" of the mall and had freed all hostages.
(Reporting by Duncan Miriri; Writing by James Macharia; Editing by Philip Barbara)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |