Heavy burst of gunfire heard from Kenyan mall attacked by Islamists
NAIROBI (Reuters) - A heavy burst of gunfire was heard from the Kenyan shopping mall in Nairobi where at least 62 people were killed in an attack by the Somali al Shabaab group, suggesting that the complex had not yet been secured, a Reuters witness said on Tuesday.
Kenya's Interior Ministry had said early on Tuesday that its forces were "in control" of the mall and had freed all hostages.
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- North Korea fires 25 short-range and obsolete rockets: South Korea
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season