Heavy burst of gunfire heard from Kenyan mall attacked by Islamists
NAIROBI (Reuters) - A heavy burst of gunfire was heard from the Kenyan shopping mall in Nairobi where at least 62 people were killed in an attack by the Somali al Shabaab group, suggesting that the complex had not yet been secured, a Reuters witness said on Tuesday.
Kenya's Interior Ministry had said early on Tuesday that its forces were "in control" of the mall and had freed all hostages.
(Reporting by Duncan Miriri; Writing by James Macharia; Editing by Philip Barbara)
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |