Fund manager AGF posts profit but managed assets fall
Sept 25 (Reuters) - Canadian fund manager AGF Management Ltd posted a profit in the third quarter compared with a loss a year earlier, but assets under management (AUM) fell 12 percent.
Net income from continuing operations was C$10.1 million ($9.8 million), or 11 Canadian cents per share, compared with a loss of C$19.3 million, or 20 Canadian cents per share, a year earlier.
The company took a one-time charge in the year-ago quarter.
Revenue from continuing operations fell 2 percent to C$117.7 million mainly due to lower AUM levels.
Total AUM fell to C$36.4 billion from C$41.2 billion a year earlier.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea