Britain to challenge EU bonus cap in court - source
LONDON, Sept 25
LONDON, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Britain is mounting a legal challenge against the European Union's cap on bankers' bonuses, a person familiar with the plan said on Wednesday.
The UK Treasury has lodged a legal complaint over the cap which will take effect on bonuses awarded for 2014 and onwards.
The cap limits a bonus to no more than a banker's fixed salary, or twice that level with shareholder approval.
(Reporting by William Schomberg, editing by Huw Jones)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Investigators look overseas for hackers in Target case: source
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter