U.S FDA strengthens warnings on Glaxo, Roche/Biogen cancer drugs
Sept 25 (Reuters) - U.S. regulators strengthened the warning labels on two cancer drugs - GlaxoSmithKline Plc's Arzerra, and Rituxan, made by Biogen Idec Inc and Roche Holding AG - to reflect the risk that they can reactivate the hepatitis B virus in patients previously infected with it.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said the risk is already described in the warnings and precautions section of the label for both drugs. Now the information will be placed in a black box, indicating the most serious type of risk.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data