Daewoo Shipbuilding wins $534 mln jack-up rig order from Maersk Drilling
SEOUL, Sept 25
SEOUL, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co Ltd said on Tuesday it had won a 572.8 billion won ($534 million) order to build a large jack-up rig for Denmark's Maersk Drilling, a unit of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group.
The South Korean shipbuilder said in a statement it was its first successful order for a large jack-up rig since 1983. The rig is expected to be delivered around mid-2016 and placed in a region near Norway. ($1 = 1072.3000 Korean won) (Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Paul Tait)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East