Foundation Medicine shares rise 85 pct in market debut
Sept 25 (Reuters) - Shares of Foundation Medicine Inc rose as much as 85 percent in their market debut on Wednesday, valuing the cancer diagnostic company at about $874 million.
The company, which counts Bill Gates and Russian billionaire Yuri Milner as its investors, raised about $106.2 million after pricing its offering of 5.9 million shares at $18 per share, well above its expected price range of $14-$16 apiece.
The company develops cancer diagnostic systems that help physicians recommend treatment options for each patient based on the molecular subtype of cancer.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |