Tokyo Electron flooded with buy orders after Applied Materials news
TOKYO, Sept 25
TOKYO, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Tokyo Electron Ltd shares were untraded with a glut of buy orders on Wednesday following news that the maker of chip-making gear will be acquired by Applied Materials Inc in an all-stock deal valued at more than $7 billion.
Tokyo Electron shares were quoted at 5,550 yen, up 14 percent from Tuesday's close and at their daily limit.
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Judge gives go-ahead for $2 billion sale of NBA's Clippers
- Jaded Argentines brace for looming debt default