Tokyo Electron flooded with buy orders after Applied Materials news
TOKYO, Sept 25
TOKYO, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Tokyo Electron Ltd shares were untraded with a glut of buy orders on Wednesday following news that the maker of chip-making gear will be acquired by Applied Materials Inc in an all-stock deal valued at more than $7 billion.
Tokyo Electron shares were quoted at 5,550 yen, up 14 percent from Tuesday's close and at their daily limit.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote