Tokyo Electron flooded with buy orders after Applied Materials news
TOKYO, Sept 25
TOKYO, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Tokyo Electron Ltd shares were untraded with a glut of buy orders on Wednesday following news that the maker of chip-making gear will be acquired by Applied Materials Inc in an all-stock deal valued at more than $7 billion.
Tokyo Electron shares were quoted at 5,550 yen, up 14 percent from Tuesday's close and at their daily limit.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials