Tokyo Electron flooded with buy orders after Applied Materials news
TOKYO, Sept 25
TOKYO, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Tokyo Electron Ltd shares were untraded with a glut of buy orders on Wednesday following news that the maker of chip-making gear will be acquired by Applied Materials Inc in an all-stock deal valued at more than $7 billion.
Tokyo Electron shares were quoted at 5,550 yen, up 14 percent from Tuesday's close and at their daily limit.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales