India expects next mobile airwave auction in January: official
(Reuters) - India expects to conduct its next mobile phone airwave auction in January, Telecommunications Secretary M.F. Farooqui said on Tuesday, adding the government has estimated 110 billion rupees ($1.76 billion) of revenue from the auction.
The telecommunications regulator earlier this month recommended a sharp cut in the auction reserve prices. The reserve prices are yet to be finalised by the government.
($1 = 62.4950 Indian rupees)
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Anupama Dwivedi)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Obama girls get dating advice from their watchful dad
- Accused Colorado theater gunman competent to stand trial, evaluators say
- Seattle students protest gay Catholic school teacher's resignation
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets