Daewoo Shipbuilding wins $534 million jack-up rig order from Maersk Drilling
SEOUL (Reuters) - Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co Ltd (042660.KS) said on Tuesday it had won a 572.8 billion won ($534 million) order to build a large jack-up rig for Denmark's Maersk Drilling, a unit of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group.
The South Korean shipbuilder said in a statement it was its first successful order for a large jack-up rig since 1983. The rig is expected to be delivered around mid-2016 and placed in a region near Norway.
(Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Paul Tait)
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- Thai PM proposes referendum on her future as protesters prepare big push
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police