Judge in Penney-Stewart trial to render ruling soon
(Reuters) - A New York judge overseeing the trial pitting Macy's Inc against J.C. Penney Co Inc and Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia said on Wednesday he hoped to issue a ruling "in a short time rather than a later time."
Macy's sued rival Penney and Martha Stewart last year over their 2011 deal, which called for the home goods guru to produce items and have "stores within a store" at Penney locations. Macy's said the pact infringed its own exclusive deal with Stewart's company.
(Reporting by Karen Freifeld and Phil Wahba in New York; Editing by John Wallace)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Iran angry over U.S. sanctions, nuclear talks interrupted