Harper: Obama assures him Keystone verdict to be based on facts
NEW YORK, Sept 26
NEW YORK, Sept 26 (Reuters) - The logic behind the Keystone XL pipeline is "simply overwhelming," Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper said on Thursday, adding that U.S. President Barack Obama had assured him his decision on the project would be based on facts.
Addressing a business audience in New York, Harper said he remained optimistic that notwithstanding the politics involved, Obama would approve TransCanada Corp's proposed pipeline from Canada to the United States.
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- UPDATE 1-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Ukrainian riot police clash with protesters in Kiev square