CORRECTED-H&M Q3 pretax tops consensus, Sept-to-date sales up 8 pct
(Corrects dollar conversion figure from $9 billion)
STOCKHOLM, Sept 26 (Reuters) - Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz posted on Thursday a bigger rise than expected in pretax profits for its fiscal third quarter, as its gross margin came in above forecasts.
Pretax profit at the world's second-biggest apparel retailer after Inditex stood at 5.83 billion Swedish crowns ($907 million) against a year-ago 4.90 billion and a mean forecast for 5.53 billion in a Reuters poll.
H&M said sales in the first 24 days of September, the first month of its fiscal fourth quarter, were up 8 percent year-on-year in local currencies. ($1 = 6.4305 Swedish crowns) (Reporting by Stockholm Newsroom)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Teenager dies on Atlanta-bound flight, plane diverted
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal