Intesa executive denies talk of Monte Paschi tie-up
MILAN, Sept 26
MILAN, Sept 26 (Reuters) - Market rumours about any kind of tie-up between Italy's biggest retail bank Intesa Sanpaolo and struggling domestic rival Monte dei Paschi di Siena are groundless, the head of Intesa's management board said on Thursday.
"Rumours ... with respect to any form of combination involving Intesa Sanpaolo and Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena are entirely groundless," management board chairman Gian Maria Gros-Pietro said in a statement.
(Reporting by Silvia Aloisi, editing by Valentina Za)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image