Nike revenue surges in North America and Europe
Sept 26 (Reuters) - Nike Inc on Thursday posted a higher quarterly profit, helped by big sales gains in North America and Europe, and the maker of sports clothes and shoes said global orders for delivery later this year rose 8 percent.
The company earned $780 million, or 86 cents a share, in its fiscal first quarter, ended Aug. 31, compared with $567 million, or 63 cents a share, last year. Total revenue rose 7.7 percent to $6.97 billion.
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in dispute over envoy's New York arrest
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |
- The Fabulously Entrepreneurial Life of Ronnie Biggs