Nucor says storage dome collapses at new plant, delays output
Sept 26 (Reuters) - Nucor Corp said on Thursday that a storage dome collapsed at its steel plant in St. James Parish, Louisiana, delaying the start-up of its new direct reduced iron plant until the end of the year.
Nucor said there were no injuries and no environmental impact due to the collapse of the storage dome on Wednesday afternoon. The new plant had been expected to begin production within a few weeks.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Student opens fire at Colorado high school, wounds two classmates
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes