Russia says ready to help guard Syria chemical weapons sites -agencies
MOSCOW, Sept 26
MOSCOW, Sept 26 (Reuters) - Russia is ready to help guard Syria's chemical weapons sites when President Bashar al-Assad destroys chemical arms stockpiles and factories, Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov was quoted as saying on Thursday by news agencies.
Ryabkov was speaking as the United Nations Security Council works on developing a resolution on a chemical arms deal that is acceptable to both Russia and Western countries.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes