Kerry says Syria will implode before either side claims victory
UNITED NATIONS, Sept 26
UNITED NATIONS, Sept 26 (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said on Thursday that Syria "will implode before any side would claim a military victory" and that all sides needed to move rapidly to put a political solution in place to end the conflict.
Kerry was speaking at a Friends of Syria meeting on the sidelines of the annual gathering of world leaders at the United Nations.
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- China OKs iPhone 6 sale after Apple addresses security concerns
- U.S.-led air strikes pose problem for Assad's moderate foes