UBS places Bankia's stake in Mapfre for $3.6 per share
MADRID (Reuters) - Broker UBS said on Thursday it had placed the 12 percent stake in Spanish insurer Mapfre (MAP.MC) held by the country's largest state-rescued lender Bankia (BKIA.MC) for 2.647 euros ($3.6) per share for a total of almost 1 billion euros.
The sale represents a discount of almost 3.8 percent from Mapfre's closing share price of 2.753 euros per share.
UBS, handling the deal alongside Bankia Bolsa, said that a total of 369.61 million shares were offered in the placing.
(Reporting By Jose Elias Rodriguez, Writing by Paul Day; Editing by Fiona Ortiz)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone