Kerry says Syria will implode before either side claims victory
UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said on Thursday that Syria "will implode before any side would claim a military victory" and that all sides needed to move rapidly to put a political solution in place to end the conflict.
Kerry was speaking at a Friends of Syria meeting on the sidelines of the annual gathering of world leaders at the United Nations.
(Reporting by John Irish)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Struggling Sears to spin off Lands' End clothing label
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video