Kerry says Syria will implode before either side claims victory
UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said on Thursday that Syria "will implode before any side would claim a military victory" and that all sides needed to move rapidly to put a political solution in place to end the conflict.
Kerry was speaking at a Friends of Syria meeting on the sidelines of the annual gathering of world leaders at the United Nations.
(Reporting by John Irish)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Bike-riding nurse defies Ebola quarantine, on collision course with governor |
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap
- U.S. quarantines 'chilling' Ebola fight in West Africa: MSF