Fed can accommodate if inflation "reasonably within" target - Evans
OSLO, Sept 27
OSLO, Sept 27 (Reuters) - The U.S. Federal Reserve can maintain an accommodating monetary policy as long as inflation stays "reasonably within" its inflation objective, Charles Evans, president of the Chicago Federal Reserve Bank said in Oslo on Friday.
The Fed targets inflation at no more than a half a percentage point above its 2 percent goal but Evans earlier said inflation below 3 percent was acceptable.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash