Fed can accommodate if inflation "reasonably within" target - Evans
OSLO, Sept 27
OSLO, Sept 27 (Reuters) - The U.S. Federal Reserve can maintain an accommodating monetary policy as long as inflation stays "reasonably within" its inflation objective, Charles Evans, president of the Chicago Federal Reserve Bank said in Oslo on Friday.
The Fed targets inflation at no more than a half a percentage point above its 2 percent goal but Evans earlier said inflation below 3 percent was acceptable.
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- French launch Central African Republic mission but deaths mount
- Supreme Court to decide on patent protections for software