Japan's Toray agrees to buy U.S. Zoltek for $584 mln
TOKYO, Sept 27
TOKYO, Sept 27 (Reuters) - Japan's Toray Industries Inc said it has agreed to buy U.S.-based Zoltek Companies Inc for $584 million in order to increase its share of the worldwide carbon fibre market.
Toray, a carbon fibre maker which supplies the cutting edge materials used in Boeing Co's Dreamliner airplanes, said its acquisition of Zoltek will allow it to supply lower-cost carbon fibres for wind turbines and cars.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls