Japan's Toray agrees to buy U.S. Zoltek for $584 million
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's Toray Industries Inc (3402.T) said it has agreed to buy U.S.-based Zoltek Companies Inc ZOLT.O for $584 million in order to increase its share of the worldwide carbon fiber market.
Toray, a carbon fiber maker which supplies the cutting edge materials used in Boeing Co's (BA.N) Dreamliner airplanes, said its acquisition of Zoltek will allow it to supply lower-cost carbon fibers for wind turbines and cars.
(Reporting by Nobuhiro Kubo and Mari Saito; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |