Japan's Toray agrees to buy U.S. Zoltek for $584 million
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's Toray Industries Inc (3402.T) said it has agreed to buy U.S.-based Zoltek Companies Inc ZOLT.O for $584 million in order to increase its share of the worldwide carbon fiber market.
Toray, a carbon fiber maker which supplies the cutting edge materials used in Boeing Co's (BA.N) Dreamliner airplanes, said its acquisition of Zoltek will allow it to supply lower-cost carbon fibers for wind turbines and cars.
(Reporting by Nobuhiro Kubo and Mari Saito; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Former WWE champ nabs suspected burglar in Arizona
- Thousands take to N.Y. streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- U.S. fighter jets escort Canadian plane home over passenger threat
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds