Berlusconi's ministers resign from Italy govt - deputy PM
ROME, Sept 28
ROME, Sept 28 (Reuters) - All ministers from former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi's centre-right party resigned from the coalition government on Saturday, said a spokesman for Deputy Prime Minister Angelino Alfano.
Berlusconi had earlier told ministers from his People of Freedom (PDL) party to consider stepping down in protest at Prime Minister Enrico Letta's order to freeze all decisions ahead of a confidence vote in parliament.
"The ultimatum sent by the prime minister and his Democratic Party at their government allies ... seems inadmissable and unacceptable," Berlusconi said in a statement on Saturday.
- Russian-backed separatists enter southeast Ukraine town
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |