Stockton, California, says has outlines of pension bond settlement
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept 27
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept 27 (Reuters) - Stockton, California, unveiled on Friday a draft plan for exiting from bankruptcy that it said had the "outlines of a negotiated settlement" with bond insurer Assured Guaranty over $124.3 million in outstanding pension obligation bonds.
"As this document was being finalized the City was in negotiations with this creditor and had developed the outlines of a negotiated settlement," the plan said, adding that a draft term sheet had not yet been reviewed by executive management at Assured.
The draft plan provided no details on the potential settlement. A spokesman for Assured declined to comment.
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5 |