White House warns U.S. House it's moving toward government shutdown
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - White House press secretary Jay Carney said on Saturday that any lawmaker who votes for a new House Republican government funding bill is "voting for a shutdown."
In a brief statement, Carney said the Republican-led House of Representatives needed to pass instead the measure approved by the Democratic-led Senate on Friday that, unlike the House alternative, would fund the healthcare law known as Obamacare.
(Reporting By Thomas Ferraro; Editing by Peter Cooney)
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |