Berlusconi's ministers resign from Italy government: deputy PM
ROME (Reuters) - All ministers from former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi's center-right party resigned from the coalition government on Saturday, said a spokesman for Deputy Prime Minister Angelino Alfano.
Berlusconi had earlier told ministers from his People of Freedom (PDL) party to consider stepping down in protest at Prime Minister Enrico Letta's order to freeze all decisions ahead of a confidence vote in parliament.
"The ultimatum sent by the prime minister and his Democratic Party at their government allies ... seems inadmissible and unacceptable," Berlusconi said in a statement on Saturday.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Gaza toll nears 100, Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park