No hostages were left in attacked Nairobi mall - Kenya government
NAIROBI, Sept 29
NAIROBI, Sept 29 (Reuters) - The death toll from the Sept 21 attack by Islamist militants against a Nairobi shopping mall stands at 67, and the Kenyan government believes that no hostages were left in the building, Interior Minister Joseph Ole Lenku said on Sunday.
Nine suspects were in custody over the attack, one of them arrested on Sunday, he added. He declined to give any information about the suspected attackers or those arrested, saying "we do not discuss intelligence matters in public".
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Easter Island's ancient inhabitants weren't so lonely after all
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting