EIA can operate through Oct. 11 in case of government shutdown -official
NEW YORK, Sept 30
NEW YORK, Sept 30 (Reuters) - The U.S. Energy Information Administration has enough resources to operate through approximately October 11 in the event of a government shutdown, according to an EIA official.
EIA employees were notified of the operational timeline late on Monday, said Mike Conner, an EIA oil supply analyst.
Energy markets had been concerned about the release of weekly oil and natural gas inventory data, which are published on Wednesday and Thursday, respectively. (Reporting by Matthew Robinson)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
- Amtrak train crashes into car in Virginia, driver hurt