Merkel and SPD to hold exploratory coalition talks on Friday
BERLIN, Sept 30
BERLIN, Sept 30 (Reuters) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel and the main opposition Social Democrats (SPD) will hold their first exploratory talks about the possibility of forming a governing coalition on Friday Oct. 4, sources from both sides said on Monday.
The talks are scheduled for 1 p.m. (1100 GMT).
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Ukrainian riot police clash with protesters in Kiev square
- UPDATE 1-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history