Fitch revises New Orleans, La. bonds rating outlook to negative
Sept 30 (Reuters) - Fitch Ratings on Monday revised the city of New Orleans, Louisiana's bonds rating outlook to negative from stable.
The outlook revision reflects the city's credit weakness, jail and police mandated spending and fire pension contributions which have placed additional pressure on operations and overall weak pension funding levels, the rating agency said in a statement.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |