STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil's BNDES approves financing for Cargill corn plant
Brazil's national development bank, BNDES, has approved financing of 239.3 million reais ($104.3 million) for a corn processing plant in Parana state run by U.S.-based Cargill , according to a statement from BNDES on Monday.
The amount represents 56 percent of total investment in the project, which will have the capacity to process 1,200 tonnes per day. The plant should be finished in October and begin producing products like starches and sweeteners in January 2014.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |