Senate Democrats oppose very short-term spending bill: Baucus
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Senate Democrats are united against an idea being floated in Congress to fund the government for a few days in order to avoid a government shutdown at midnight, Democratic Senator Max Baucus said.
Baucus, a senior Democrat, made the remark to reporters after a closed meeting of Senate Democrats.
(Reporting by Richard Cowan; Editing by Eric Beech)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow heads East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'