Boehner says 'clean' U.S. funding bill 'not going to happen'
WASHINGTON, Sept 30
WASHINGTON, Sept 30 (Reuters) - U.S. House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner said on Monday that Republicans in the chamber will not pass a government funding bill unless it contains some concessions from Democrats on President Barack Obama's healthcare reform law.
Asked if Republicans would consider a "clean" bill to keep the government funding as a midnight deadline for a shutdown draws closer, Boehner said: "That's not going to happen."
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |