Obama to deliver statement at White House at 4:45 p.m. EDT (2045 GMT)
WASHINGTON, Sept 30
WASHINGTON, Sept 30 (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama will deliver a statement to reporters on Monday at 4:45 p.m. EDT (2045 GMT) shortly before meeting with his Cabinet, the White House said.
The statement comes as Washington hurtles toward a government shutdown with a stalemate between congressional Republicans and the president on a budget for the fiscal year beginning Oct. 1.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Dementia epidemic looms with 135 million sufferers seen by 2050
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |