Banco Popular Espanol plans euro CoCo issue
LONDON, Oct 1 (IFR) - Banco Popular Espanol is planning a EUR500m contingent convertible capital issue which will count as Additional Tier 1 and will convert into shares if the bank's Common Equity Tier 1 ratio falls below 5.125% or the bank Tier 1 ratio falls below 6%.
The sale of the perpetual bonds will be managed by Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays, Santander and UBS.
It will be the second Additional Tier 1 trade for a Spanish bank in 2013. (Reporting by Helene Durand, editing by Alex Chambers)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'