Brazil's OGX misses $45 mln payment on bond
SAO PAULO Oct 1 (Reuters) - OGX Petróleo e Gas Participações SA missed a $45 million interest payment due on Tuesday, moving the debt-laden Brazilian oil producer closer to the largest Latin American corporate debt default ever.
The company, controlled by embattled Brazilian tycoon Eike Batista, failed to deposit the money in bondholder accounts and plans not to do so during the 30-day grace period it has to remain current on its debt, the company said in a filing.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South