Brazil's OGX misses $45 mln payment on bond
SAO PAULO Oct 1 (Reuters) - OGX Petróleo e Gas Participações SA missed a $45 million interest payment due on Tuesday, moving the debt-laden Brazilian oil producer closer to the largest Latin American corporate debt default ever.
The company, controlled by embattled Brazilian tycoon Eike Batista, failed to deposit the money in bondholder accounts and plans not to do so during the 30-day grace period it has to remain current on its debt, the company said in a filing.
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- Apple's Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine, Russia, EU likely to agree gas supply deal on Thursday: officials