Canada grain handler Richardson opens Europe, Asia offices
WINNIPEG, Manitoba Oct 1 (Reuters) - Privately held Richardson International Limited, one of the two biggest grain handlers in Western Canada, said on Tuesday that it is opening marketing offices in Singapore and Geneva.
Richardson, based in Winnipeg, said it is aiming to ship more Canadian farm products overseas.
The company's grain volumes have grown in the past year, after the Canadian government ended the Canadian Wheat Board's grain marketing monopoly in Western Canada and Richardson acquired additional grain facilities from Glencore Xstrata PLC .
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 2-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- U.S. budget deal could usher in new era of cooperation