Kenya says 2013 Q2 GDP growth at 4.3 pct - stats office
NAIROBI Oct 1 (Reuters) - Kenya's economy expanded by an annualised 4.3 percent in the second quarter of this year, a fraction slower than the 4.4 percent recorded a year earlier, official data showed on Tuesday.
The Kenya National Bureau of Statistics said growth was driven by the agriculture, manufacturing and financial sectors, while the hotels and restaurants sector posted a 11.4 percent contraction due to political uncertainty around March's presidential election. (Reporting by Richard Lough; editing by Drazen Jorgic)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone