Qatar Holding buys NYSE Euronext out of Qatar Exchange
DUBAI Oct 1 (Reuters) - Qatar Holding, the investment arm of the country's sovereign wealth fund Qatar Investment Authority (QIA), has bought NYSE Euronext's 12 percent stake in Qatar Exchange, the Doha-based bourse said in a statement on Tuesday.
The deal, for which a price was not revealed, makes Qatar Holding the sole owner of Qatar Exchange, which operates the country's securities market.
QIA and NYSE Euronext signed a strategic partnership in June 2009 aiming to develop Qatar Exchange into a world-class market; the buyout coincides with the partnership's objectives being achieved, the statement said.
Cooperation between Qatar Exchange and NYSE Euronext will continue in different fields including technology and expertise, it said.
- Israel keeps up Gaza assault; diplomats seek ceasefire |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food