Republic Airways sells Frontier Airlines in $145 mln deal
Oct 1 (Reuters) - Republic Airways Holdings Inc said it would sell Frontier Airlines to Indigo Partners LLC in a deal valued at about $145 million.
The deal puts an end to Indianapolis-based Republic's two-year long search to sell Frontier, which it bought out of bankruptcy in 2009.
Indigo will pay $36 million in cash for the equity of Frontier Holdings and assume Frontier's debt.
Republic also said it would assign its rights under agreements relating to its Airbus A320neo order to Frontier in exchange for reimbursement of $32 million of pre-delivery deposits.
Shares of Republic closed at $11.89 on the Nasdaq on Monday.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Struggling Sears to spin off Lands' End clothing label