Russia says unsure West can get Syrian rebels to peace talks by November
MOSCOW Oct 1 (Reuters) - Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Tuesday that it is unclear whether Western nations will be able to bring representatives of the Syrian opposition to a planned international peace conference by a target date of mid-November.
Syria's pledge to abandon its chemical arsenal has rekindled hopes that an international conference proposed by Russia and the United States in May could materialise, and U.N. Security Council powers hope it can be held in mid-November.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image