Egyptian army chief calls for quick political transition
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egyptian army chief Abdel Fattah al-Sisi called on Tuesday for a quick political transition to restore stability to the country.
Sisi, whose forces overthrew Mohamed Mursi of the Muslim Brotherhood in July, was speaking to soldiers and policemen at a seminar.
(Reporting by Shaimaa Fayed; editing by Ralph Boulton)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea