Egyptian army chief calls for quick political transition
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egyptian army chief Abdel Fattah al-Sisi called on Tuesday for a quick political transition to restore stability to the country.
Sisi, whose forces overthrew Mohamed Mursi of the Muslim Brotherhood in July, was speaking to soldiers and policemen at a seminar.
(Reporting by Shaimaa Fayed; editing by Ralph Boulton)
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions