Egyptian army chief calls for quick political transition
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egyptian army chief Abdel Fattah al-Sisi called on Tuesday for a quick political transition to restore stability to the country.
Sisi, whose forces overthrew Mohamed Mursi of the Muslim Brotherhood in July, was speaking to soldiers and policemen at a seminar.
(Reporting by Shaimaa Fayed; editing by Ralph Boulton)
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- U.S. experts hunt for Ebola exposure after first case |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks-source |