Egyptian army chief calls for quick political transition
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egyptian army chief Abdel Fattah al-Sisi called on Tuesday for a quick political transition to restore stability to the country.
Sisi, whose forces overthrew Mohamed Mursi of the Muslim Brotherhood in July, was speaking to soldiers and policemen at a seminar.
(Reporting by Shaimaa Fayed; editing by Ralph Boulton)
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- Short Gaza truce takes hold; many bodies pulled from rubble |
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |