Vivendi's GVT in pay-TV venture in Brazil
PARIS Oct 1 (Reuters) - French media group Vivendi said on Tuesday that its Brazilian GVT subsidiary had started negotiations with satellite group EchoStar Technologies LLC to set up a joint-venture for pay-TV services in Brazil.
The venture, which will be managed by GVT, plans to benefit from an expected rise in demand driven by two global sport events, the FIFA World Cup in 2014 and the Olympic Games in 2016, the statement said.
- Maine nurse fights Ebola quarantine, says will not be bullied |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note