Electrocomponents first-half sales rise marginally
Oct 2 (Reuters) - British electronic parts supplier Electrocomponents Plc reported a 1 percent growth in first-half underlying sales, helped by growth in businesses outside the UK, particularly in North America and continental Europe.
The company, whose products range from cellphone accessories to thermometers, said international businesses sales rose 3 percent in North America and continental Europe, while Asia Pacific was flat.
Sales in the UK fell 3 percent.
Electrocomponents shares closed at 279.3 pence on Tuesday on the London Stock Exchange.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans