Market Chatter- Corporate finance press digest
Oct 2 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media:
* Cargill Inc, one of the world's leading cocoa traders, is in the final stages of a deal to buy Archer Daniels Midland Co's cocoa business, sources familiar with the situation said.
* The New York Attorney General plans to sue Wells Fargo & Co on Wednesday over failures to comply with the terms of the $26 billion national mortgage settlement, according to a person familiar with the matter.
* MoneyGram International Inc has decided to remain public after talks with private equity firms over a leveraged buyout did not result in an offer in line with its expectations, three people familiar with the matter said this week.
* America Movil SAB's plan to acquire Royal KPN NV has hit a snag over price disagreements, with the Dutch phone carrier's management holding out for a higher offer, Bloomberg reported, citing people with knowledge of the discussions. ()
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Decaying steel town gets movie star turn in 'Out of the Furnace'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- South Africa, world mourn 'giant for justice' Mandela |
- Journal withdraws controversial French Monsanto GM study